CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

REUnight '08

okay so it's been a while since I last posted on my stupid blog...

well anyway, last night was one of the most tiring nights of my life. Counting the general rehearsal during the morning...I guess it should be days intead of nights. We started rehearsal at about 8:20, always filipino time! We were supposed to be starting at 7:30 then it moved to 8 but it ended up in 8:20. But iwasn't there until 8:40 because I had to take the quiz in pinoi...characters of Maganda Pa ang Daigdig. (hope I passed it) So then I caught up with them and sadly, Vane wasn't able to do the rehearsal because of the quiz as well. So moving on with the rehearsal, the 5 of us (me, flixie, castey, olivia, irma) were really nervous and partly annoyed because Ms. Castro keeps on criticizing our every move...even the bands! What was unfair was that they switiched Quatro Uno with Alagad ni Sisa. No offense to Quatro Uno since they played great, but Alagad ni Sisa was awesome! They deserve to play in the latter part where the crowd would be big. Another annoying switch was between band 205 and Perm't to Leave. Itwasn't because of how they played, it was because they didn't tell us. We had to think on the spot because Flixie was already introducing Perm't to Leave. It was a good thing Olivia made a nice save. And the soundsystem! Damn those stupid microphones! They weren't even functioning properly. We were all so tired when we were through. At least they gave us food and Rush (our official drink for that night) after.

So on with the bandfest...we arived there at around 4:30 then Flixie, me and Olivia were thinking of an introduction for the TSC and Sir Rehoy and Ms,. Villavert. Castey was on her way...and Irma was nowhere to be found! When Castey arrived, we found out she was gonna be late. We were so busy there and nervous, we didn't no what to do. Luckily, they waited for the gym to fill before they started. Irma arrived just before we started. It was perfectly fine during the beginning. Really great performances...especially the first group: backstage. Who would've thought that ballerina's could take over the dance floor. Also Sir Rehoy and Ms. Villavert's duet. Who knew they could sing like that? Everything went great until our first guest band.

It was a band called Blue Ketchup. I don't even know who they are! When we announced their name to the audience they were dead silent. Obviously they didn't know them either. Anyway because they took too long to set up we had to keep on blabbing on the stage. We were panicking because we didn't know what else to say. Then we found out that they still weren't done so Syncopado was up next. And we were so annoyed because we already said their stupid profile. So we had to make some adlibs and put in Syncopado's profile. Well that went great...after that, Blue Ketchup was finally ready. when they got on stage they still took too long to set-up. So we kept on blabbing, doing shoutouts...and suddenly, while greeting iii3, I lost my voice. Perfect! Just perfect...

When Blue Ketchup started playing, I felt like crying because I just lost my voice and that wasn't good because we weren't halfway through yet. I still had a lot to do. Ate Pae even rushed outside to buy me water. Thank God she was there! The water hepled...just a little though. My voice was really croaky. When that band was done I had to go back up to introduce Imago with the others. Imago also got on my nerve because they were supposed to play before Blue Ketchup but they were taking all the time in the world to prepare. So right after I introduced them I rushed out to gargle, hoping my voice would come back.

By the way, I found out from ate Frankie Velante that Irma had a little blooper with Imago and Blue Ketchup. She went down to check if Blue Ketchup was ready. She asked some guy who was fixing the guitars.

Irma: "Ready na ba kayo, Blue Ketchup?
Guy: "Umm...no, we're not ready. Kasi hindi kami Blue Ketchup."
Irma: "Ayy...sorry!"

Irma didn't realize that she was asking Imago and not Blue Ketchup. That was a bit insulting on Imago's part and so embarassing for Irma...hahaha.

So next I had to introduce Siesta, and to my delight, my voice came back! Thank God for Siesta! So the bandfest went on as normal, except for the part where Irma had to leave early so I had to fill in for her. But during the end, Exanimo was already playing. That meant we only had one band left which was No Classes. The other guest bands weren't there yet. We were panicking again because that meant to had to keep on stalling once Exanimo was done. Then we Nikki Bau told us that Sinosikat was there already and were now setting up. So once Exanimo was finished we rushed to the stage and did our adlibs until they were ready. Good for us, they were pretty quick and were on the stage while we were saying their profile.

But we still couldn't relax because Typecast wasn't there yet. We were afraid that they wouldn't make it. Kjwan already had to cancel because they said they were arriving late and Mrs. Sacdalan didn't want everyone to go home late. We had to stall again. We interviewed Sinosikat to buy some time. Typecast was almost at the school so we had no choice but to let No Classes play already. Finally Typecast arrived but they needed time to set up. So we tried sending signals to the band to play 2 more songs to buy time. It didn't work because they couldn't see us. Then castey thought of an idea, she wrote "add 2 more songs" at the back of her cuecard and showed it to them, way over the side of the stage. Luckily, one of them read it and told ate Mayen to add 2 more songs. But we weren't saved yet. Once No Classes was done, Typecast was still getting ready. We had to stall by embarassing ourselves. We did shoutouts, asked the audience redundant questions. We even asked them to sing and even ended up trying to make our co-emcees sing. Good thing Ate Pae was brave enough to sing a few notes. Finally Typecast was ready....they were awesome! Definitely worth the embarassment! Of course, I used my VIP access and took pictures with them.

Finally the bandfest was over and my feet were killing me! But the great part was we got to eat with Typecast. hahaha....talk about luck!

I must say that I did extremely embarassing things last night. I don't know what's gonna happen on Monday...oh well...better be ready for it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a video or any links to a video of Ms. Villavert and Sir Rehoy's duet? We're doing a tribute to her and we'd really appreciate it if you could help! :)