CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Early Christmas for Matutum

Today was our Palihan day. I wouldn't say I was excited because, to tell you honestly, I was bored and sleepy all day but I still didn't let it get in my way...(hey it rhymes!) So at first we had to prepare the things we needed before the kids will arrive. I was assigned in the program committee and we were supposed to make nametags for the kids. I forgot that we needed blue sticker paper but it was a good thing i had some sticker paper with me and we just covered it with blue paper.

We all went to the covered court to wait for the kids. As soon as they arrived we gave them their name tags and asked them to sit down. I was taking care of this little girl named, Sheila. At first I thought she was quiet because she barely talked. Then after a few minutes she them became so hyperactive. The funny thing about her was that she always sat in a position where everyone could see her underwear. I keep on fixing her uniform but she was just so hyper that it wouldn't cover it properly. And another thing is, she kept on eating the whole time. Then we all sat to listen to the Nativity story, which was read by Mrs. Blanco. And OH MY GOD, it was boring...it bored me to death! She read it so slowly, none of the kids were even listening to her. Call me mean, but she looked stupid out there, everyone clapped when she was done and not because they liked it but because she was finally done...(funny!!!) Anyway while the kids were watching some weird show about friendship the Cooking group members were called. We were in charge of handing out the food...at first they said we should eat first but then they took it back and said we could only eat after. It was so annoying they called us an hour before and we were all in the cafeteria, starving to death! Because of severe hunger, we all started acting crazy. Meryl then started saying some lines from Meteor Garden 2, in Taiwanese. It was so funny especially when she started singing in Taiwanese too.

It's bee 30 minutes already and we haven't eaten yet. Tanya bought some food for take out and when no one was looking we ate the calamares. We all had to hide the food so that no one would see. We looked so funny, it was like we hadn't eaten for days. Then Meryl and Charmaigne went to buy some food. We wondered what took them so long. They came back telling us that they didn't like the food. Well...we sort of believed them but when we were about to serve the food and talked about eating together, they confessed that they already ate. We were all laughing when they said that whenever they saw a 3rd year student or teacher they had to hide under the table next to the gradeschool kids. So after we served the food there were some extras and our hunger overcame us and we decided to eat them. (Hahaha...more food for us) Those were the benefits of being part of the Cooking group...FREE FOOD!!!

Anyway, back to the kids. I was so touched when I found out from Czare that Sheila was looking for me...aww. I never expected that. I sat with her the whole time during the program. We watched the diferent kids from different sectors dance, sing and act. The kids dancing were so cute! hahaha...then when it was time to go home we gave the children their gifts. I helped the kids in boarding the bus and I was surprised when one of their teachers asked me to go with them to help with the kids in going down. I didn't know what to answer so I asked Mrs. Blanco. So I quote her: "Naku...hindi po pwede. Anak ko ho ito eh. Hindi siya pwede sumama." Okay...weird much. I can't believe she called me her "Anak"...talk about a weird day.

0 comments: